The summer time, with everybody home, keeps me busy, but I try to sneak in a few hours here and there for … more sewing! (What I should be doing with some free time is tidy my studio. I had to sew on the dining room table, because I can barely set foot into that room anymore.)
I copied the pattern pieces for the Tova dress. Here is an example of the Tova top version from Karyn’s blog “Make Something”, she loves the Wiksten patterns, too.
And then, in one go, I went from start to finish and wore my new dress for the rest of the day. I am delighted about another well-fitting pattern that didn’t need any alterations.
The only thing I changed for no other reason than personal preference is the collar. I went for a bias binding around the neck rather than the original stand-up collar. I could imagine this dress, or top, with a regular, maybe round-cornered collar, too. The fabric, by the way, is nicely draping cotton yardage from Joann’s.